It is Monday of Thanksgiving Week. For the next few days, I want to share about people and/or things for which I’m thankful for a couple of reasons: 1) to remind myself of how blessed I am and 2) to share those blessings with you in the hope that you, too, will be blessed.
First and foremost, I am thankful for a God who loves me unconditionally, extravagantly, recklessly. That no matter what I do, or say, or think, no matter how far I may wander, He stands waiting and willing to welcome me with open arms. And not only does He wait, He pursues. He sends His Word, He pours out His love, He is a “Good, Good Father,” as Chris Tomlin sings.
Here are just a few of the sixty names of God and the meaning of each:
- Jehovah Rapha (Our Healer)
- Jehovah Meqaddishkem (Our God Is Holy)
- Jehovah Nissi (Our God Is Truth)
- Jehovah Jireh (Our God Is a Gracious Provider)
- Jehovah Sabaoth (Our God Is a Watchful Defender)
- Jehovah Adonai (Our God Is a Loving Master)
- Jehovah Elohim (Our God Is All-Powerful)
- Jehovah El Shaddai (Our God Is All-Sufficient)
- Jehovah El Roi (Our God Is an All-Knowing, Ever-Present Help)
- Jehovah El Elyon (Our God Is the Supreme Sovereign)
- Jehovah El Olam (Our God Is Unchanging and Eternal)
As the ultimate sign of His love, He gave His only begotten Son to die for my sins, and for your sins, so that we may have not only eternal life but also an abundant life here on earth.
So today, I am thankful for God, for all that He has done for me!