I was given a list of affirmations a few days ago and was told that I should read these (all 35) out loud at least three times a day. I accepted the list, brought it home and promptly lost it among the thousands of papers on my desk. I found it again, once I managed to reduce the number of papers on my desk to the hundreds.
I read the introduction to the list and the affirmations. Some of the affirmations would be considered the “power of positive thinking.” The introduction and a number of affirmations are “new age.” I’m not writing this post to debate “new age” thinking. You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. I don’t agree with it. I don’t think new age thinking is of God and the “Spirit” mentioned in new age thinking is certainly not the Holy Spirit, who does lead and guide us as we seek the will of our God and Father.
I was rather disturbed after reading the list, so I decided to write a list of Christian affirmations for myself. Here they are:
- I am a daughter of the most high God.
- I am loved by Him with an everlasting, unconditional love.
- His love for me is extravagant and reckless.
- He has plans for me that are far greater than any plans I could make for myself.
- I am the apple of His eye.
- I have peace that passes all understanding.
- I am not afraid because I trust in Him
- I find my identity through my relationship with Him.
- My confidence and self-worth are founded in my relationship with Him.
- I am my Beloved’s and He is mine.
Feel free to use these for yourself and if you have more, please share them with us in the comment section.