I’ve had this recipe for so long, I don’t remember where it came from. It is one of my favorite chicken dishes – easy to make – and delicious to eat!
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts (at least one per person, and maybe 2 for leftovers!)
- 4-6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of white cooking wine
- 1 package of Stouffer’s Herb-Flavored Stuffing Mix
- Melted Margarine or Butter
Preheat oven to 375. Spray your pan with Pam. Lay chicken breasts in pan and top each with one slice of Swiss cheese. Mix the cream of chicken soup with white cooking wine (do not add water) and put a generous dollop on top of each Swiss cheese-covered chicken breast. Pour package of stuffing mix over the entire dish. Melt the margarine in the microwave and pour over the stuffing. (I like my stuffing “wet” so I use 1 stick of margarine. Cook approximately 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done.
This dish is great served with grilled or roasted vegetables such as yellow squash, zucchini squash, red potatoes, etc.