John 1:1-2: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
When I opened today’s gift, it was the gift of God’s Word. What a treasure chest – many gifts all in one place! He gave us:
- The story of Creation
- Recounting of the Israelites journey
- The Leaders/Judges
- The story of King David
- The beautiful Psalms
- The wise Proverbs of Solomon
- The story of Esther
- The trials of Job
- The love story between Christ and His Church – Song of Solomon
- The Prophets
- The story of Jesus, found in the four Gospels
- The visitation of the Holy Spirit
- Paul’s letters to the churches
- The letters of Peter, John and Jude
- The book of Revelation that reveals Jesus to the world in the final days
These are only a few of the treasures found in God’s Word! Every time we “discover” a treasure, we find there are more jewels hidden within that treasure. All we need to know, every answer we seek, is found in His Word.
Dear Father, thank you seems very inadequate for the gift of Your Word. We am thankful for the lessons found therein and the new revelation You give to us every time we study Your Word. In Jesus’ name, AMEN.